The most important thing would be
1) Location- must be desirable…
2) Look for rising incomes and full employment in the area. That usually equals rising home prices
3) The property itself must be attractive inside and out for it to be an easy sale
4) It should be the type of property that qualifies for a mortgage loan – that means a fairly standard place, not “one of a kind” weird architecture.
5) It should be in the median to slightly below average price class. Super expensive homes are not easy to sell and substandard junk property won’t qualify for a decent loan.